Manager, Human Resources
Manager, Human Resources
Reference # CH-13597
The Kerr Group is a fast-paced, well-established and growing company in telecommunications support and workforce optimization with their head office in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. An entrepreneurial environment, the company has grown to over 150 employees across 10 offices from St. John’s to Vancouver.
On behalf of our client the Kerr Group we are looking for a Manager of Human Resources who thrives in a dynamic environment and enjoys the variety of on-the-ground operations while being creative and influential with the senior leadership team.
As Manager, Human Resources you supervise an HR Coordinator and a Safety Coordinator (0.5 FTE) and report directly to the President and CEO. You are a do-er who truly enjoys working with people at all levels of the organization, able to provide strategic business advice and support to management while also engaging in day-to-day requirements with a project-based workforce.
You share the goal of the entire organization: to provide the highest level of service for valued customers and the best work environment for all employees. As such, you are creative and forward-thinking with talent acquisition and development and are comfortable challenging the status quo to drive business forward in new and innovative ways.
You have strong recruitment skills at all levels and experience creating recruitment strategies for various locations. You understand that hiring is key to culture building and the implementation of a company’s core values.
As the successful candidate you will be fully responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of human resource plans and ensuring that programs continue to align with the strategic goals of the organization. You will own several key areas such as Performance Appraisals, Recruitment and Selection, Employee Relations, Organizational Development and Occupational Health and Safety.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree or post-graduate certificate in Business Administration, Human Resources Management or combined education and experience equivalent
• 5+years of Human Resources experience in a generalist or managerial role
• Proven experience in employee relations, talent acquisition and employee engagement
• General knowledge of occupational health and safety and experience working in an environments with strong safety culture.
• A natural communicator and influencer with a strong ability to tailor your style for audiences
• Excellent time management skills in a deadline-driven environment
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Demonstrated success in building business partnerships with managers
• Background and understanding of payroll and benefit administration an asset
• CPHR Designation or working towards CPHR designation an asset
We’re looking for people who are passionate and creative, who believe in our core values and want to go above and beyond for our customers every day. If you have a strong work ethic, rise to the challenge, and are motivated by a job well done, we want to hear from you!
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information contact Claire Holt, Recruitment Consultant at email@example.com or 902.424.1105.
Meridia, a Knightsbridge Robertson Surrette company, is Atlantic Canada’s leading contingency recruitment firm that is focused on providing high quality, fast turnaround recruitment for professional and technical positions.
For more information on opportunities at Meridia, visit: www.meridiarecruitment.ca. For information on opportunities with our parent company, Knightsbridge Robertson Surrette, visit www.kbrs.ca
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email