Reference # AC-13580
Our client, one of the world’s leading global fleet management companies, has an immediate opening for a Data Analyst to join their Business Intelligence team in their Mississauga office.
The successful candidate will interpret and analyze data and provide the Business Intelligence team with useful insights and reports. This individual should be highly analytical, have advanced knowledge of SQL and Microsoft Power BI, and be able to communicate stories through descriptive and predictive analytics.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Automate processes in data acquisition and work closely with the data engineers and data architects to make sure proper reporting needs are met
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Minimum 5 years experience in writing complex SQL queries: joins, sub-queries, and stored procedures
- 4 + years of extensive experience with Microsoft Power BI including DAX formulas, creating data visualizations to report KPIs and metrics to convey a full picture, pull data from various data sources and automation, direct querying and batch processing
- Post Secondary Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, or Computer Science
- Good knowledge and experience in writing stored procedures, managing databases using database management systems, cloud and on premise
- Excellent data mining, data cleaning, and data visualization skills
- Good understanding of data architecture, data schemas and ETLs
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint skills
- Advanced analytics skills
The Firm is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. The Firm is pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, Aboriginal/Native American status, protected veterans’ status or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application and interview process are available upon request.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email