Senior HR Generalist
Senior HR Generalist
Reference # AC-13473
Meridia Recruitment Solutions has partnered with our client, a highly respected healthcare firm, to recruit a Senior HR Generalist for their Toronto office.
Our client is looking for an outgoing dynamic Senior HR Generalist to add to their fast-paced team! This individual should have a great sense of humor, outgoing personality, and the ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines. This candidate will be working primarily with the Retail side of the business and with the HR team on a day-to-day basis.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Continually research and provide the Director of Human Resources information to help train and update Managers and employees regarding Human Resources matters.
- Communicate, train and be a liaison for the Management team to any matters within the scope of Human Resources (employee relations, H&S, benefits, communication, etc.)
- Conduct job analysis, classification and evaluation in order to develop and update job descriptions and accountability statements for employees.
- Manage staffing function with the Management team regarding headcount requirements, recruiting, transfers, promotions/demotions, training/professional development, terminations, and reductions in workforce.
- Prepare job advertisements, screening/selection, conducting interviews, employment and extending contracts.
- Work with payroll and HR team regarding payroll inquiries and correct them in a professional timely matter.
- Be a subject expert within the HRIS system with the ability to make administrative changes in all modules (Performance, Time, HR, Benefits, Reporting)
- Conduct exit interviews to collect and analyze data in order to understand turnover trends and make recommendations for corrective action/enhance retention.
- Provide leadership, direction and support to the HR Coordinator for Benefit questions, is- sues and other matters
- Perform new employee orientation to foster positive assimilation into the Company. Re- view and update the orientation program on a regular basis.
- Ensure internal communications are consistent with Company policies and procedures and to maintain good working relationships between employees and the management group.
- Conduct internal investigations as needed i.e. harassment claims.
- Drive the Company Culture throughout the Company to ensure unity of purpose and fulfillment of the Company’s Commitment and Promise.
- Lead the annual employee engagement survey for the business group
- Liaise and develop the training & development programs, make recommendations, and follow up with all employees and managers for career aspirations and career paths
- Assist the Director of Human Resources through experienced input on various HR specialty areas to align the company human resource with the company objectives and strategies
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in Human Resources or equivalent.
- Working towards CHRP is considered an asset
- Must have 5+ years experience in a Human Resources environment.
- Must have 5+ years’ experience in a Retail Human Resources
- 2+ years experience with recruitment practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong knowledge of various HR applicable software (Payroll/HR software)
- Knowledgeable in the areas of labour legislation, regulations, compensation practices, recruitment, and Human Resources procedures.
- Note: Some travel may be required across Canada for this role.
Our client is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information contact Adam Creaghan, Senior Consultant at email@example.com and 647-336-1416 or Holly Green, Recruitment Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org and 647-480-1709.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email