Reference # HL-13340
Our client, Owens MacFadyen Group (OMG), is a boutique wealth management and benefits consulting firm specializing in the high net worth market. Since 1995 they have been providing a unique team-based approach to comprehensive wealth management and benefits consulting that allows their clients to have significantly better outcomes. They are well respected by their clients and within the industry. Business leaders have recognized OMG as a key partner in their success. Now, with over 80 employees, they have continued to grow successfully with locations in Halifax, Moncton, Saint John, and Toronto.
On behalf of OMG we are looking for a Financial Analyst to join their team. This role offers the opportunity for someone to display their complex analytical, tax, planning and problem solving skills in a well respected and innovative wealth management firm. Reporting to the Director, Tax & Estate Planning, the role will work with Wealth Management Advisors to create complex financial solutions for clients. Specifically, the Financial Analyst will be responsible to:
- Prepare complex and customized financial plans
- Prepare and assist advisors in helping clients understand legal documents, like wills, family trusts, shareholder agreements, etc.
- Researching complex issues related to taxation, estate planning, financial planning and investment products, like managed funds, stocks, etc.
- Create spreadsheets and tools (including Value Analysis tools) to aid in explaining concepts and strategies
- Lead financial statement analysis and read personal, corporate and trust tax returns
- Assist in data analysis and participate in case discussions
- Serve as a technical resource and SME for advisors, associates and administrative staff
- Conduct research as required
The ideal candidate will have:
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in accounting, finance or similar field
- Pursing or interest in pursing CPA, CFA and/or CFP designations
- Experience conducting and genuine interest in taxation, estate and financial planning and analysis
- Strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- A self-starter and ability to work well independently and with others
- Strong knowledge of Excel is required
- A broad, technical knowledge of financial products would be considered a significant asset
- A proficiency in various reporting and presentation tools would be considered an asset
If you are someone interested in progressing their career in the wealth management industry with strong mentorship and long term opportunities for growth than this opportunity could be right for you. Let’s connect!
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below:
For more information contact Heather Labucki, Partner or Jason Ozon, Consultant at email@example.com
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email