Bilingual Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
Bilingual Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
Reference # AC-13310
Our client is looking for a CTO who is bilingual in English and Mandarin to join their team in Toronto, ON. They are looking for an experienced technology leader to lead a 30+ person engineering team to bring their digital platform to the next level of scale, speed, and user experience.
Your Responsibilities will be:
- Lead the development of the company’s strategy for using technological resources, aligned to business goals and objectives
- Lead and mentor the development teams (Backend, Frontend, Machine Learning) to define, implement and execute on business objectives and initiatives, managing teams in multiple geographical locations (Toronto and China)
- Oversee the supervision of system infrastructure to ensure functionality and efficiency, including evaluating and implementing new systems and infrastructure and building quality assurance and data protection processes
- Oversee a wide range of activities including assessing and planning resource growth, defining the development processes and workflows, scoping project work for both business and technical aspects of an engagement, and managing post-deployment analysis and results tracking
- Create and set the technical roadmap for the engineering teams based on the business goals and product roadmap
- Ensure technologies are used efficiently, profitably and securely, including helping departments use technology profitably
- Accountable for ensuring delivery of products and features across web and mobile applications against the product and engineering roadmaps and set timelines.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the existing architecture and major components of web/mobile applications.
- Estimate project workloads under relatively vague business/product requirements, and identify potential project risks and offer solutions or walk-arounds.
- Identify major technical debts that would hurt the product experience externally or reduce the team efficiency internally and prioritize them according to their business impacts.
- Collaborate with product owners and senior team members to plan the technical roadmap to fulfill product requirements and address outstanding tech debts, with the key objective of timely delivery of projects in a cross-team setup, including on site and
remote development teams
- Collaborate with other functional team leads, including product, marketing, and design departments to drive consensus and ensure alignment on the product roadmap and delivery schedules.
- Collaborate with other functional team leads, including product, design, data and business development departments to create quarterly plans and manage the allocation of resources to ensure execution of the outlined initiatives
- Monitor key KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performance
- Evaluate and implement new systems and infrastructure
- Oversee the translation of product requirements into architectural design and plan execution
- Manage engineering related vendor relationships as needed
- Act as a mentor and coordinator across all engineering teams to ensure alignment on best practices, standards and processes, including any outsourced engineering teams
- Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology
- Communicate technology strategy to senior leadership, internal stakeholders, partners and investors
- Develop reports, dashboards and key tools for tracking KPIs and critical performance metrics; provide summary of status and tracking against established timelines and KPIs on a regular basis to the senior leadership team
- Identify any key issues or risks that impact the meeting of pre-established targets and propose and implement solutions and improvements
- Establish performance review criteria and targets for all members of the engineering team leads; conduct regular reviews on progress with team members
- Bilingualism in English and Mandarin
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- 10+ years combined experience on writing code
- 5+ years management experience delivering highly successful and innovative technology products.
- Complete comfort and familiarity with software development tools (git, Github, bug tracking), *nix environments
- Demonstrated experience in managing web and/or mobile product delivery from end-to-end, using lean startup and agile principles.
- Good architectural sense and a passion for high quality code, honed by experience;
- Perseverance: when the need arises you are willing to work through messy details with your team to achieve success
- Exceptional communication skills
- A bias towards action: the ability to cut through any issue, identify the salient points, and rally a team around addressing them
- High standards: for yourself, your work, and your colleagues
- Track record of balancing making decisions using data vs creative vision
- Demonstrated experience with scrum methodology
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, and even more bonus points for experience beyond just EC2 and S3.
- Experience with React/Redux, Ruby on Rails, Python, or Go.
- Experience with monitoring systems like Datadog, New Relic, or Fabric.
- Experience with CDNs and network caching topologies.
To express interest in this opportunity, please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below.
For more information contact Adam Creaghan at 647-336-1416 or email@example.com
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email