Bilingual Proposal Specialist
Montreal, QC | Toronto, ON
Reference # AC-13278
Our nationally renowned legal client is leading the charge to adapt to changing client needs through the re-imagining of their service offerings. Come join a culture that is collaborative, inclusive, diverse, entrepreneurial and evolves with the pace of business. They offer sophisticated legal and business advice that incents efficiency, leverages our deep industry knowledge and our national resources for a predictable, effective service experience that solves our clients’ most complex problems.
Their Clients & Markets/Client Service Innovation team brings market strategy and service delivery innovation under one umbrella to ensure the needs of their clients are always top of mind. Their team plays an integral role in advancing the firm’s ambitious strategy at the vanguard of the legal industry.
Our client is looking for a dynamic change agent to fill the role of Proposal Specialist on their Clients & Markets/Client Service Innovation team.
In this role you will:
Support their Clients, International Initiatives, and New Business Lines by:
- Working directly with Business Development Leads, Practice/Industry Group Leaders and lawyers to provide expertise, strategy and support on the proposal development process in response to Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Information (RFIs), Expressions of Interest (EOIs), Fee Letter requests, and informed opportunities (together “RFP”) for the firm.
- Analyzing and interpreting RFP requirements, participating in the development of a clear and focused strategy, and clarifying issues, as needed.
- Acting as proposal team lead on the development and completion of the RFP response, ensuring RFP process is followed and timelines are defined and communicated.
- Coordinating and participating in the proposal kick-off meeting and following up with contributors, as required.
- Reviewing and researching information about prospective clients' needs.
- Writing strategic, concise, accurate content and editing/updating existing content for RFP responses, as applicable to the submission.
- Managing the proposal production process, including printing or finalizing in electronic format, quality control, coordination of delivery and aligning all efforts with internal and external professionals to ensure on-time, compliant and business-winning submissions.
- Supporting Managers and Directors, Business Development and lawyers on proposal and pitch efforts, including customized client-ready proposals, presentations, and collateral.
- Ensuring high quality preparation and production of all materials while consistently applying our client's business brand and key messaging.
- Assisting lawyers in preparing for debriefs with clients and prospects following a proposal or pitch win or loss.
Support their Industry approach by:
- Working with the Research and Information group to gather client/prospect and industry intelligence to assist lawyers in the RFP/proposal process.
- Tailoring proposal content to reflect industry-specific issues and key concerns.
Drive efficiency by:
- Providing proposal database support to ensure information is kept up-to-date and new content is captured.
- Liaising with other key business groups on proposal responses, as needed.
- Regularly reporting on proposal statistics, including successes and losses.
- Providing personnel training on processes, systems and best practices, as required.
They are looking for someone who:
- Loves developing creative solutions to business challenges
- Never met a process they couldn’t improve while still seeing the big picture
- Loves working on a collaborative team, being involved in transformational projects and share ideas
- Writes in cogent, concise business language and hates marketing-speak
- Is a cool curious geek about adopting and using technology tools
- Is passionate about working for a firm/team that gives back to its community and takes equality and diversity very seriously
To express interest in this opportunity, please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” on the button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Holly or Adam know.
For more information contact Holly Green at email@example.com or 647-480-1709
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email