Sussex/Saint John NB
Reference # HL-13221
Are you interested in working with a firm that values growth and innovation? Our client is a growing public accounting firm with locations across Canada. Passionate about the professional development of their people, they strive to create opportunities that support their staff’s career objectives; and as a growing accounting practice, there is opportunity for all staff to grow with them. With a commitment to service excellence, our client continues to invest in technology to allow staff to focus on meaningful work while enjoying work/life balance, flexible work schedules, and opportunities for continual learning. They see huge value in the investing in continual learning, and are actively involved in the communities they do business in.
We are looking for a Senior Manager to join this incredible team. Based out of Sussex, NB with an additional office in Saint John, this opportunity offers the flexibility to work from either location. The Senior Manager will be responsible to provide leadership to managers and to oversee the planning and control of the office.
In this role the Senior Manager will:
- Design review procedures
- Engage in business and client development
- Assist the Partners and other team members
- Keep up to date on the content and practical applications of tax, accounting and assurance standards, and know how to access and research professional and technical materials
- Design the workflow within the department
- Collaborate with Managers and other Senior Managers for capacity and resource planning
- Manage the performance of the productivity and administration of the office
- May review assignments which may include various areas of practice such as: audit review, compilation, corporate tax, personal tax, estate, bookkeeping and other compliance, tax research, and accounting work
As Senior Manager, the ideal candidate will have:
- Current CPA designation and public practice experience
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in increasingly senior roles
- Strong accounting firm best practices in process and procedures
- Advanced Canadian tax knowledge and/or advanced knowledge of Canadian GAAP, ASPE, and ASNFPO
- Excellent systems skills including: CaseWare/CaseView, TaxPrep, ProFile, Cantax. Microsoft office, specifically Excel
- Completion of CPA In-Depth Tax Program preferred
This is an opportunity to take on a rewarding role with a progressive firm. We are looking for someone with excellent client service skills and strong business acumen who is able to recognize existing problems and see planning opportunities for clients and their businesses. A demonstrated leader with an exceptional work ethic who is knowledgeable in a variety of business issues will excel in this role. Relocation assistance available and some travel expected within the province.
If this sounds like the right organization for you, apply now!
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking “Apply Now” below:
For more information contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Sara Morey, Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register to be notified of career opportunities and advice by email